Like many parts of Cornwall, Menheniot Parish’s heritage interest, local environment, its people and their community spirit are its defining assets. In community surveys carried when preparing the Neighbourhood Development Plan, local residents told us that are proud and protective of these features that give the Parish and its villages and farms in this beautiful part of Cornwall its special feel and identity.
The priorities people identified were:
- Protecting the peace and tranquillity of the area
- Protecting and enhancing the Environment, Landscape and Heritage
- Supporting and developing Community Facilities, Leisure and Lifestyle
- Tackling traffic and parking conflict
- Meeting housing needs
- Supporting the local economy
- Supporting renewable energy that is environmentally sound
THE DRAFT NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN VISION FOR 2030 AND BEYOND:
Menheniot Parish will be a well-designed, well-connected parish that:
- has a strong sense of local identity and is a pleasant and tranquil place to live, work and visit;
- meets the needs and aspirations of local people, offering a choice of homes, jobs and community facilities;
- tackles the causes of climate change and is resilient to them;
- supports a busy, active and dynamic community with a strong community spirit that is valued by residents;
- celebrates, enhances and protects the special qualities of its environment, heritage and landscape.