Like many Cornish villages, Menheniot’s heritage interest, local environment, its people and their community spirit are its defining assets. The local residents are proud and protective of these features that give the village and its outlying hamlets, and farms in this beautiful part of Cornwall its special feel and identity.
WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN ARE AREAS OF MENHENIOT PARISH THAT ARE RECOGNISED AS IMPORTANT:
- All community assets and open spaces be protected
- Promoting the conservation of wildlife and the natural environment
- Protecting a wide range of our local heritage assets
- Improve and promote sustainable local business opportunities and jobs
- Consider the welfare of all our residents
A VISION FOR THE MENHENIOT PARISH AREA IS TO:
- Maintain Menheniot’s strong sense of local identity as a place to live and work
- Enhance and where possible further develop our Parish amenities
- Consider all opportunities for the provision of affordable housing
- Development for the future needs of the population and how they can be accommodated within the Parish
- Maintain and protect our local transport needs
- Take an integrated planning approach to promoting health and wellbeing
- Working with a range of partners to develop and implement robust, effective programmes
- To address the planning factors that affect people’s health.